Guava is magical!!! Layered into this bread and topped with cream cheese frosting this is just mouthwatering! This is a Spring and Summertime favorite around here. It is best served in tiny bite size pieces.Jump to Recipe
You can find guava in your grocery store in either the aisle that carries Goya products or with the canned fruit. You will need about 10oz of Guava for this recipe. If you have some left over try making our Guava Sauce.
YES, this freezes well for about 6 months. Just make sure to wrap it tightly.
Don’t judge!!! It may not look like much but it is magic in your mouth!!
GUAVA BREAD TIPS
- slice the guava first and set it aside
- when spreading the batter put dolops around the pan
- spread dolops with back of spoon
- if having trouble spreading – runt he spoon under hot water, dry off and use back of the spoon.
- edges will crisp up more than the center – be certain it is ccooked in the middle
Magical Guava Bread
- 12 tbsp butter – soft
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour – sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 oz guava paste
- 1 can whipped cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven 350°
- Slice the guava and set aside
- Butter – cream it… REAL GOOD
- Sugar – Add it slowly and keep mixing
- Eggs – Add them and keep mixing
- Baking Powder – Add to Flour
- Add flour and baking powder slowly – keep mixing
- Add in vanilla extract
- Grease an 8 by 8 pan
- Pour ½ the batter into the bottom
- guava – create a layer of guava on top of this layer
- Pour the other ½ of the batter on top of the guava
- Bake for about 45 to 60 minutes – check center with toothpick – edges will be golden brown
- Let Cool – Slice and Frost with Cream cheese frosting
- Store in an air tight container
EDGES – You will see in the video that I cut all the edges off. I do this to make the perfect little bite size pieces which works our fabulously because my mama loves the edges. I put frosting between 2 edges pieces and made sandwiches out of them – wrapped – and freeze until she visits.
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!