FINAL TEACUP PICTURE AT THE END – SCROLL DOWN
This summer both of the kids have spent weeks working on a play… Alice. It was a fun spin on Alice and Wonderland and they both did FABULOUS! They put in countless hours at the theater and at home. Time is ticking by and with one starting middle and the other highschool… this has been a great bonding time for the 2 of them. I think they are both smart enough to have realized this in the moment, even with the annoying moments they have had with one another here and there.
Paddy and Saoirse in their Theater Blacks for the Play!
It’s SHOWTIME!!! We are headed in for their first of 4 performaces!
Instead of flowers I decided to create a treat for them. Of course we already had Alice in Wonderland teacups so I decided to use these in a fun way. While thinking about how to do this I also decided to make cupcakes for the entire cast an crew, which was a little under 40. Because I am BONKERS… many supplies were ordered and baking was started!
“You’re mad. bonkers. copletely off you head. But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.” – Alice
We love the fact that the painting shop is across the way… they sell wine slushies and beer and we were able to bring them in for the show! You must check them out, link is below.
SUPPLIES FOR ALICE IN WONDERLAND CUPCAKES
Here are the supplies that were used. The butercream frosting recipe is listed below. The stickers were great quality. I used a dab of hot glue on the back of them – the kids are then able to save the stickers. The bottles – well these were FUN!! I decided to fill them all with Hawaiian Punch (pretty sure this is my kids first time having it). So first I had to wash all the little bottles and then use a syringe to fill them all – that was not time consuming at all!!!
Boxed Cake – You do not always have to make everything from scratch! With so much decorating I went with the boxed cake and homemade frosting as well as a little lemon canned frosting. When I am making multiple boxes of cake I like to get all the ingredients out first and make ONE batch at a time. I do not like the batter to sit too long and I don’t like to cook more than 24 cupcakes at time. I feel this way is the best way to have good quality cupcakes.
How To Make Buttercream Frosting
This recipe only has 4 ingredients but you will screw it up if you don’t follow a few key steps!
- Prepare your ingredients! The butter needs to be soft, the cream needs to be room temp and the powdered sugat needs to be sifted!
- Sifting – this breaks up the clumps and helps to ensure SMOOTH frosting.
- SLOW DOWN – You do not want to add the powdered sugar all at once. It will make a mess if you add it too fast! But also you want it to be smooth, so whip it real good between additions.
- After all the powdered sugar is added make sure to whip it for a good 3 minutes to cream it all together.
- FLAVOR AND CREAM – The classic has vanilla in it but you can sub it out for other flavorings. Add the flavoring and half the cream at this time. Do not just dump all 4 tablespoons in at once! You might only need 2 or 3 tablespoons for your frosting. Play it by ear and taste it!
The BEST buttercream frosting
- 6 cups powdered sugar – sifted – do not skip the sifting
- 2 cups unsalted butter – soft
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (pure) or another flavor if you choose
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream – room temp
- prep ingredients – make certain the butter is soft, the cream is room temp and sift the powdered sugar
- butter – whisk until super creamy
- low speed – add in the sifted powdered sugar a 1/2 a cup at a time – scrap down the sides as you go along
- med speed – once it is all added turn the speed up to med and beat for about 3 minutes
- vanilla & half the cream – add in and beat for another minute
- taste and check consistency – add more cream in one tablespoon at a time until you reach the consistency you are looking for.
- and you are done!!
- * If you need to double it – I would make 2 seperate batches.
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!