Back in the day… these muffins were a HUGE hit at Jordan Marsh! Shit I guess I am “that” old now! These old school muffins can now be made at home! I have adjusted the recipe a tiny bit, but only to make it better! Technically, these are not even muffins they are more of a cupcake than they are a muffin, which is why they are so friggin’ delicious!!! So with that being said… don’t be afraid to slap some cream cheese frosting on these bad boys!
- try adding in blackberries (dice these up first)
Enjoy these muffins with some friends. My childhood friend (little Joann) recently visited and I decided to finally give this recipe a shot – what better time!!! Not sure if all the kids loved them – but I didn’t make them for them – haha! Soon after this my mother and sisters visited and I made them for them as well, this time I made extra to freeeze!!! They were a HUGE hit!
Cream the butter and sugar until well blended.
CRUSH – 1/2 a cup of the blue berries before tossing in. This allows a perfect amount of the blueberry juices to seep into mixure. Do NOT crush al the berries.
Fold in the 1/2 a cup of crushed blueberries.
Jordan Marsh Famous Blueberry Muffins
- ½ cup butter – no salt – softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- ½ cup flour – toss the uncrushed blueberries in this flour
- ½ cup blueberries crushed
- 4 teaspoons RAW TURBINADO sugar – completely coat the top of muffins
Cool – 30 minutes
Store – uncovered or they will be tooo moist
- 375 – Preheat the oven
- butter and sugar until well blended
- EGGs – add in one at a time beat it real good after each one
- SIFT – 1 ½ cups flour / salt and baking powder
- alternate flour mixture and milk into the creamed mixed above – contnue to blend
- ADD IN – vanilla / cinnamon & lemon zest
- ½ cup crush with a fork and fold into the batter- this allows the perfect amount of blueberry to seep into the mixture.
- take 1 ½ cups of blueberries and mix in the other ½ cup flour – this helps to prevent the blueberries from sinking.
- line muffin tins with with cupcake liners and fill with batter about 14 to 16
- sprinkle with raw sugar covering the entire top of the muffin
- bake the muffins for 30 to 35 minutes at 375
We you need to toss the rest of the berries in the flour. This flour is part of the recipe. Tossing the berries in the flour will help to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of all the liners.
RAW SUGAR – Don’t slip this step. This will give the muffins that suggary crunch that you loved from the original muffins!
Always a good call for breakfast. Make some deviled eggs and you have yourself a pretty simple breakfast feast!
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!