Let me start by saying I am not eating this. Paddy and I are NOT seafood fans. However, my mother left this in my freezer so we are gonna give it a go for Saoirse and Mark for dinner tonight. I did consult Mark on this one, so fingers crossed I don’t fuck it up.
This should take about 2 hours in the crockpot, which allow me to snag the kids from school and runs few errands. I plan on serving it with baker taters, which I already partially baked. Before serving I will season the skins of the taters with butter, garlic, pepper & salt and broil in the oven for a few minutes
First you want to line your crockpot with parchment paper. I placed leeks down and topped them with some minced garlic, chili powder and old bay. Make sure you clean the leeks – leeks are DIRTY… VERY DIRTY!!
Next, I will be placing the Salmon down on top of the leeks. I will be spraying with salmon with cooking spray and then sprinkling the salmon with salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder and probably a bit more old bay.
Cook on low for 2 hours.
Salmon Crockpot with Leeks, lemon & garlic
- 1 to 2 pound salmon
- 2 lemons (one to juice and one to slice)
- 1 leek stalk
- 1 cup Veggie broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- sprinkles old bay
- sprinkles salt and pepper – to taste
- sprinkles parsley
- sprinkles paprika
- Parchment paper – line the crockpot
- Leeks – clean, slice and place in the bottom of crockpot – seriously wash them – they are FILTHY
- Garlic, chili powder and old bay – sprinkle on top of the leeks
- Salmon – place it on top of the leeks
- Cooking Spray – spray the top of the salmon with cooking spray
- Sprinkle the salmon with… salt, pepper, old bay, paprika, chili powder and parsley
- Veggie broth & one squeezed lemon – pour around NOT ON the salmon (it should come up about 1/2 way on the salmon but not cover it)
- Place the sliced lemon top top
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
- * it should be opaque and flaky
- * if you want to brown the fish you can place it in a 400° oven for about 6 minutes
- * STORE – You can store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!