This is the comfort food you have been looking for. What a great way to jazz up some scalloped taters. We have used ground beef and made it marsala style, the cheddar cheese pairs perfectly with the taters.
Scalloped Potatoes with Beef Marsala Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup leeks – chopped
- 5 cloves garlic – chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon old bay
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ cup marsala wine for cooking
- ½ cup beef broth
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese
- 1 4.7 oz box scalloped potatoes
- ⅓ milk
- 2 boiling water
- 2 butter
- sprinkles parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven 450°
- Prep work – measure out all the ingredients and cut the onion and garlic
- Sauté' the onion and garlic in the olive oil about 4 minutes (skillet on medium)
- Add the ground beef and brown with the pepper, garlic powder, old bay and chili powder
- Add the marsala wine and deglaze reducing it by half (3minutes or so)
- flour – sprinkle in the meat – stir and let it thicken about 2 minutes
- beef broth – stir in and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Grab a bowl and mix in HOT BOILING WATER, milk (warm it up), and melted butter with the sauce packet from the tater package.
LAYERING THE CASSEROLE
- Grab a 9 by 9 casserole dish and spray it with cooking spray
- 1. the ground beef goes on the bottom
- 2. cheese – goes on top of the meat
- 3. taters – they go on top of the cheese
- 4. sauce – pour it evenly all over the taters – it will be soupy
- Pop it in the oven (not covered) and let it cook about 25 / 30 minutes
- When the top is golden brown pull it out and let it sit. The sauce will thicken as it sits – at this point we sprinkled a bit more cheese on top.
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!