If you like apple pie then you will love this! If you can not find the caramel sheets you can use chopped up caramel. Look at all the ooey-gooey caramel leaking out of that pie… love love love!Jump to Recipe
INGREDIENTS CARAMEL APPLE PIE
- key lime juice
- sugar – white
- sugar – white
- vanilla extract
- caramel sheets
- raw sugar
enjoy the video…
Peel, core and slice the apples. Put in a bowl and mix with the key lime juice.
Mix all the goodies for the filling, the vanilla extract last and then stir into the apples.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place a rack in the middle of the oven for the pie and a cookie sheet on a rack below it for catching any drippings.
You can make your own or use a boxed crust, follow instructions on the box. and then place in the bottom of the pie plate.
ASSEMBLE THE PIE
Load the pie with the apple pie mixture – distribute evenly.
CLOSE UP THE PIE
Add the top crust – pinch the edges and trim the sides.
Mix the egg yolk and the cream. Brush it on top of the crust and sprinkle with raw sugar. Cut holes for venting on the top of the pie.
BAKE THE PIE
375 for the first 20 minutes and then reduce heat to 350 for another 45 minutes – watch the edges and cover with tinfoil if needed.
This is the hardest part. You need to let it cool for about an hour. Serve with vanilla ice-cream.
Caramel Apple Pie
- 6 cups apples – peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 sheets caramel sheets
- 1 package Pillsbury crust – follow instructions
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar for sprinkling
- 1 egg yolk – for the wash on top of the crust
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream – for the wash on top of the crust
- APPLES – peel – core and slice the apples thinly. As you slice put in a bowl with the key lime juice.
- PIE FILLING – in a NEW bowl – combine the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon
- COMBINE AND STIR the apples and the pie filling – then add in the vanilla extract.
- OVEN – preheat the oven to 375°
- DOUGH – make your own or use a premade crust – follow instructions on the box – roll it out and place it n the pie plate.
- APPLE MIXTURE – dump on top of the bottom pie crust and evenly spread around.
- CARAMEL SHEETS – place them on top of the apples
- TOP CRUST – place on top – fold over the edges and trim
- EGG WASH – mix the cream and the egg yolk – brush it on top of the crust sprinkle with the raw sugar crystals and put slices on top of the crust for venting.
- BAKE – for 20minutes at 375° then reduce to 350° and bake for an additional 45minutes or so… watch the edges and cover with tinfoil if they start to brown too much.
- COOL – cool for one hour and serve with vanilla ice cream
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!