Buffalo Chicken Dip Tater Tot Casserole might be better than the dip! So we love the dip so much we decided why not make it into a comforting meal!!?!? We made this casserole with FRESH chicken opposed to canned chicken but you can used canned chicken if your taste buds are asking for it. You can also use an already done rotisserie chicken from the grocer to save yourself some time. We even considered throwing some broccoli in, but quickly came to our senses.
The minced garlic and butter was an amazing addition to this dish.Jump to Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Dip Tater Tot Casserole – INGREDIENTS
We used some old bay, butter and minced garlic in this recipe so please be certain to look at the recipe card below.
Remember to PIN these images as well as share – thanx
CHECK OUT SOME RECENT POSTS
- 1st day of school – positive vibes
- universal studios – tribute store & more
- malarkey’s first vendor fair exposed
- Blackberry Basil Grilled Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Tater Tot Casserole
COOK OR MARINATE THE CHICKEN
If you purchased the chicken pre-cooked then just mix the old bay, onions, buffalo sauce and cream cheese in with the shredded chicken. If you need to cook and shred your chicken follow the recipe below.
We like the tater tots crispy so we do prebake them prior to layering them in the casserole, but this is not a needed step.
LAYER THE CASSEROLE
This dish is often made in a 9 by 13 casserole dish but we prefer the smaller 8 by 8 because it does cut down on the carbs. This version allows for a half a bag of tater tots opposed to a full bag.
We did pre cook the tater tots and then after we layered them in the casserole we brushed with melted butter and garlic so they did not dry out.
The cheese is NOT going to go on right away.
Prior to adding the cheese you are going to bake this at 350 for about 30minutes. Then add the cheese and broil for 4 minutes – Make certain you watch it!
Looking for a quick dessert – try these 4 ingredient cookies…
Buffalo Chicken Dip Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 to 2 lbs. chicken
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup0 Green onions
- ½ teaspoon old bay
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ bag tater tots
- 2 tbsp. butter – melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic – minced
- 1 ½ cups cheese – shredded Mexican
- 2 tbsp. green onions
- Sauté the green onions and chicken in butter with the old bay and ranch packet – about 3 minutes on each side.
- Turn crockpot to high and dump in the buffalo sauce and the cream cheese – cook on high for 1.5 hours
- Pre-heat oven 350 – toast the tater tots
- Shred the chicken – add more sauce from the crockpot
- Grab your casserole dish – spray and dump the chicken in
- Tater tots on top of the chicken
- melt the butter and add the minced garlic – brush on top of the tater tots
- bake at 350° for 30 minutes – take out the oven
- Turn oven to broil
- Add cheese on top of tater tots – put back into oven on broil for 4 minutes (watch it)
- Let it sit for a bit and serve
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!