THE CREAMY BASE
BACON GREASE – I get it not everyone loves to cook with it. My mom loves this dish but back in the day when I started making this, she was not pleased with the grease… but she got over it. You can make this without the bacon grease – but why would you?!?!!?!
Let the cream simmer for a bit before you add your choice of greens.
Once you start adding your greens if you find that there is not enough cream base… IT IS OKAY… you can fix this! Just add more cream… and then a bit more of all the other ingredients and let is simmer a bit longer.
This recipe is best with collard greens… here is the recipe for the best greens.
It is also a great base for…
- Stroganoff with skirt steak and mushrooms
- Be creative
Bacon Grease – about a .24 of a cup and butter in the pan with…
Nutmeg, Black Pepper, Garlic, Shallots and Bacon…
Let is simmer for a bit until the onions, garlic and bacon and soft.
Add the heavy cream… reduce heat, simmer and stir.
Taste – add black pepper and salt as needed.
The cream should cook about half way down.
Bacon Cream Sauce
- LARGE SKILLET – seriously very large
- 1 stick Butter NOT salted
- 5 cups Cream
- .25 cup Bacon Grease
- 4 slices Bacon Finely Chop
- 6 gloves Garlic mince them
- 5 shallots Shallots mince them
- .24 teaspoon Nutmeg
- .50 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Taste Salt – This needs to be done to taste
- BUTTER & BACON GREASE – melt in the pan
- GARLIC, SHALLOTS, PEPPER & NUTMEG – cook – medium to low heat until soft – do not burn
- Bacon – Add the 4 chopped slices as well
- CREAM – stir in slowly and simmer & continue to stir – reduce to half about 20 to 25 minutes.
- TASTE – as you get close to the end of your simmer time – taste and add salt to taste
- TURN DOWN – reduce the heat to low
- This cream is used for greens usually
Inspiration, Motivation and Coffee are great ways to start the day!
These are updated through the week with a little life, interesting grocery finds, Holidays, Reviews, National Days, Recipes and everything in-between.
Check back everyday for more malarkey morning moments…. click the button
Check out these other recent articles… some great ideas and products for the holidays!
Loosing Weight BEFORE the HOLIDAYS!
I am on a mission to drop the weight I gained after the summer and before the holidays. Challenging myself to do it before Thanksgiving and holding myself accountable by vlogging it. Follow my journey.
*side note – not selling anything
Check out this NEW event @ Gaylord Palms resort…. NEW EVENT
Loosing Weight… Making a U-Turn and getting in shape before the holidays
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!