Hands down this is the BEST pulled pork! It takes very little effort to make this dish and it’s packed with flavor and easy as hell to make. I do suggest making as much as you can because this is a crowd pleaser and trust me – you WANT leftovers!!!Jump to Recipe
The kids and I prefer to load the pulled pork on to potato rolls and add shredded cheese. I of course add hot sauce and Mark likes no cheese and jalapenos. Now let’s talk left overs. There is pulled pork nachos, taco’s and pizza. Mark will usually make some 90min rice and dump a scoop of the pulled pork on top and add in some sour cream and jalapenos. ENJOY!!!
4 to 5 pounds of pork butt, garlic, onion, butter, old bay, cinnamon, garlic steak seasoning, beef broth (low sodium), mojo sauce and Sweet Baby Tay’s BBQ sauce.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PULLED PORK
We suggest using a crockpot that will allow you to sear your meat prior to slow cooking.
Sometimes this is a joint effort when we are crunched for time. Prior to slow cooking the meat you need to sear all sides of you meat (see recipe for searing ingredients). This locks in the flavor! I am not a giant fan of handling raw meat, so it takes me a bit longer to season the meat. So sometimes I have Mark jump in and handle the meat for me. He does a great job and paying attention to all the nooks and crannies! Once the meat has been properly rubbed and prepped you can sear all sides. When all sides are done being seared turn the crockpot to low and add in your mojo, beef broth and a little of the sauce. Slow cook for about 8 hours. Pull the pork and remove any fat. Moisten with the juices from the crockpot and add in Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce – to taste.
LEFT OVER JUICES IN THE CROCK POT
Once all the meat has been removed from the crock, turn to high and throw in some carrots. This is a great way to use up the juices and cook some carrots from another night.
How to make the BEST pulled pork
- 4 / 5 pounds pork butt or pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon roasted garlic seasonings
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1.5 teaspoon old bay
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 stick "butta" (butter)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 whole onion – chopped very fine
- 1 can beef broth – low sodium
- 1 bottle mojo
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
FINISH IT OFF
- Sweet Baby Rays BBQ
- Mix all the rubbing ingredients in a side dish so you don't get the jars nasty from the raw meat. Rub the shit outta the meat.. get all those nooks and crannies!!!
- Turn the pan or crock pot on medium, add in the "butta", garlic and the onion. Sear all sides of the meat, lock that flavor in!!! Don't skip this step!!!
- Turn the slow cooker to low and get ready to add your liquid in.
- In a separate bowl add in the mojo, bbq and beef broth – microwave this on high for 3 minutes to warm it up. This way you are not adding cold liquid to your already hot and juicy meat. Once warmed add it in to the meat, cover and let it cook for about 8 hours on low.
FINISH IT OFF
- Personally, I am not a fan of pulling / shredding the meat in the crockpot. I like to take my meat out of the juices and slice off all the fat and make sure the meat is evenly shredded. I do this on a cutting board and then I place the shredded meat into a bowl. As I shred the meat I add the juices from the crockpot to my meat this keeps the meat MOIST and juicy :). At this point I will add some additional Sweet Baby Ray's to the meat as well. As far as how much to add – this is up to you. Some like it just moist enough while others like it dripping with goodness. The choice is yours.
- Let it sit overnight in the fridge – it takes time for the flavors to marry together so the flavor bursts in your mouth! ENJOY!!!
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for …. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!