Hawaiian Slide Side is a great way to jazz up SOUP NIGHT!! Themed dinner nights make it easier for me to decide what I am having for dinner. It at least narrows it down. You have to start somewhere so I began with the rolls and the soup. I personally wanted chicken noodle soup and these rolls and created the dish around it. They were easy to make, tasty and went SUPER FAST!!!
Thanx for stopping by… make certain to like, share and subscribe. Check out the home page for quote pages, Recipes, Shopping Ideas, Breakfast Reviews, Restaurant Reviews and our other shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL
CHECK OUT SOME RECENT POSTS
- malarkey notebooks
- malarkey soap collection
- january national days
- juice cleanse
- Saoirse’s Short Stories
Hawaiian Slide Side ingredients
Remember to PIN these images as well as share – thanx
MAKING THE HAWAIIAN SLIDE
Hawaiian Slide Side
- 1 package King's Hawaiian Rolls
- garlic salt
- 4 slices Ham
- 9 slices Provolone Cheese 8 for sandwich – 1 for snackin'
- Florabama Seasonings
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Cheese and Ham – take this out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter for a bit. It will heat fast and melt better at room temp opposed to cold from the fridge.
- Prep all ingredients – cutting and supplies out
- Cut the entire package of rolls in half – keep them together though
- Flip them inside out
- Mayo – spread mayo on the inside of the bread – which is now the outside
- Heat on low to medium and spray the pan when warm place the half the rolls in the pan – mayo side DOWN
- Layer of cheese
- Sprinkle with Italian seasonings and Garlic salt
- Add the onions and the pickles
- Layer of Ham
- Sprinkle with Flora-Bama seasonings (optional)
- Another Later of cheese
- Top bread on – mayo side UP
- Turn the heat up a bit
- Flip – See special flipping instructions in blog
- Return to heat and finish cooking
- We are a family of 4 and ate all the sandwiches with soup – no left overs!
FLIPPING THE HAWAIIAN SLIDE
OK – I did not think this part through. I went to flip the sandwich and realized… um it is the size of a cutting board!!! ding ding ding!!!! The family watched me like I was crazy! Let’s see if I can explain this.
- Put the cutting board on top of the pan and entire sandwich,
- Carefully… flip the ENTIRE pan so the sandwich ends up on the cutting board.
- Remove pan… cooked side will be facing up
- Place another cutting board on top of the cooked side and flip again… now the uncooked side is facing up.
- Flip the pan on top of the uncooked side
- Spray the pan
- Flip everything so the sandwich is back in the pan
- Finish cooking
- Take it out by putting the cutting board back on top and flipping to cutting board
- Let it rest
- nothing should drop out because you are using the spray… be careful !
SERVING THE SLIDE
Inspiration, Motivation and Coffee are great ways to start the day!
These are updated through the week with a little life, interesting grocery finds, Holidays, Reviews, National Days, Recipes and everything in-between.
Check back everyday for more malarkey morning moments…. click the button
Check out these other recent articles… some great ideas and products for the holidays!
Loosing Weight BEFORE the HOLIDAYS!
I am on a mission to drop the weight I gained after the summer and before the holidays. Challenging myself to do it before Thanksgiving and holding myself accountable by vlogging it. Follow my journey.
*side note – not selling anything
Check out this NEW event @ Gaylord Palms resort…. NEW EVENT
Loosing Weight… Making a U-Turn and getting in shape before the holidays
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!