Classic 1970’s Dish
Like most families this classic dish from the 1970’s was made by my grandmother and mother. I remember it being grilled on on the BBQ, but also not sure if it had the apricot in it. Either way this is quick and easy to put together and is great to throw into the rotation for the month.
We will be throwing some taters in our tonight.. cause we need to use them up.Jump to Recipe
Catalina Apricot Crockpot Chicken
- 3 to 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 ½ cups Apricot Preserve
- 1 cup Catalina Dressing
- 1 packet Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 onion – chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic – minced
- 1/2 stick butter
- Saute the chicken in butter, onion. garlic, salt and pepper
- Crockpot to low – add in the Catalina dressing, the Apricot Jam and sprinkle with onion soup packet
- LOW – 6 tp 8 hours
PAIR IT WITH
- couscous – this is so easy to make – just boil water with butter and garlic and pop the couscous in – let it sit for 5 minutes and fluff with a fork
- potato – wash – peel – chop them up and thrown them in for the last hour – them pull them out and crisp up in the oven
FREEZER TO CROCKPOT
This can be prepped ahead and frozen for an easy crockpot night.
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!