Blackberry Basil Goat Grilled Cheese is going to be your NEW grilled cheese of choice. This grilled cheese just screams SUMMER!!! Feel free to trade out the blackberries for blueberries or even strawberries and if you are feeling creative mix them all up! In our house everyone has likes and dislikes so we actually made this 3 different ways.
Saoirse and I started off with blackberries, basil, goat and mozzarella cheeses and for her 2nd sandwich she had the idea of adding beets. Well Mark got home in the middle of this creation and he also wanted beets but not the basil. The boy wanted nothing to do with the blackberries so he had basil, the cheeses and salami. That’s the best thing about grilled cheese you can customize on the spot!
Grilled Cheese Tips
- set your cheese out for a bit of time prior to making to bring them up to room temperature so they melt better.
- butter the outside of your breads for an amazing buttery toasty crust
- cook on low heat for a longer time.
- let the grilled cheese sit for a minute of 2 before cutting into it.
- cut your blackberries in half so they lay flat on the bread
- basil – cut it up so you don’t pull out full leaves when you bite
Blackberry Basil Goat Grilled Cheese Steps
- slice up all your ingredients prior to starting the stovetop
- butter the outside of your bread
- on one side of the bread smear some goat cheese
- lay the berries on top the goat cheese
- sprinkle some chopped beets on the berries
- sprinkle the chopped basil on top of the beets
- lay the sliced mozzarella on top of the everything
- turn the pan on low and spray with cooking spray
- pop in the pan and cook on low and slow
- flip the grilled cheese over and cook on low and slow
- take out of the pan and let it sit for a minute
- slice and enjoy
Blackberry Grilled Cheese
- brioche bread
- fresh blackberries – cut in half
- butter – soft
- goat cheese – for smearing on the bread
- mozzarella cheese – fresh and sliced
- basil – chopped or sliced
- salami or other protein if you desire
- beets if you desire
- gather your ingredients and prep them before you turn your pan on – make certain the butter is soft and the cheeses are brought to room temperature
- butter the outside of the bread
- smear the bread with goat cheese
- add the sliced blackberries
- place the basil – beets if you desire and then the sliced mozzarella
- turn the pan on low and spray it
- place the bread butter side down
- cook it low and slow and flip when toasted
- pull it out – place it on the cutting board and let it rest for a minute
Remember to PIN these images as well as share – thanx
CHECK OUT SOME RECENT POSTS
- Oviedo Mall Links
- oviedo mall – malarkey style
- malarkey notebooks
- malarkey soap collection
- january national days
Check out these other Irish favorite’s
– always like – share and pin –
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!