Lala’s Irish Soda Bread… with no yeast! GOOD NEWS!! No yeast makes this an easier bread. The buttermilk and the cold butter is the secret this breads tastiness. SO do not go thinking you can use regular milk and counter butter… follow the instructions!
I suggest slicing, toasting and smearing some butter when serving.
ENJOY – Remember to PIN this recipe as well as scroll down for some other favorites.
Remember to PIN these images as well as share – thanx
Lala’s Irish Bread / Soda Bread
- 3 cups raisins
- 8 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar – white and brown mixed
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 stick COLD butter – cut 32 slices
- 4 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk – you might need an additional 1/2 cup add as needed
FINISHING THE BREAD OFF
- 1 cup flour – for the surface you knead the dough on
- 1 egg beat the egg and brush it on top right before you put it in the oven – remember one loaf at a time
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- water – boil and set aside – place the raisins in the hot water – just let it sit and plump in the water
- dough – mix until crumbly – (flour – sugar – baking powder – salt – butter)
- caraway seeds – add to the dough if you wish to have these in your bread (my sister does NOT like these in her bread… I use to not but they have grown on me)
- wet mix – (eggs – buttermilk and baking soda) – set aside
- raisins – drain them and add them to the dough mix
- add the wet mix to the flour mix
- surface – add about a half a cup or a cup of flour to the counter and knead the shit out of the dough until smooth
- divide the dough into 2 – this recipe makes 2 breads – ball them up a bit
- place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet – let them sit for about 30 minutes
- cut a CROSS on the top – across the bread and brush with egg (sprinkle some RAW sugar on top if you wanna get FANCY)
- cook one at a time
- 350° for 45minutes
- last 10 minutes – grab some tinfoil and TENT the bread so it does not burn
Lala’s Irish Soda Bread
Check out these other Irish favorite’s
– always share –
THANX FOR STOPPING BY…
Subscribe to the blog for daily…. Inspiration, motivation, sarcasm, recipes, malarkey tips, shop with me posts, cleaning tips, national days and many more shenanigans. Have a Ridiculously AMAZING Day!!! Collect moments… celebrate the little things. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO THE THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
HAVE YOU TRIED THESE RECIPES…
ZERO F***S. This would be my number one parenting advice. Listen and gather the advice of others but you need to do what works for your family… you do you. Stay strong and figure it the f*** out! Subscribe to the blog – today!
Follow us as we celebrate life…
My name is Tabitha and this blog is about my family and our life. We are always looking for inspiration and nonsense to keep us going… one day at a time… one celebration at a time. I am just another mama with no sick days and no days off trying to juggle family, life, wellness, getting dinner to the table while raising good humans and staying mentally sound.
Stop by the blog in the morning for cup of inspiration.
amazon affiliates may receive some pennies if you order through the links… but you my dear are charged no additional fees… so order away!